SOUTH TYNESIDE TAXI FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SOUTH TYNESIDE TAXI FORUM

This is a forum for the taxi drivers of South Tyneside

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp Empty
PostSubject: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:19 am

Ok been looking at various cameras today and here is what I have found ,this one is pretty cheap and uses sd cards ,it also has the date and and time stamp on it, its rechargeable and can be played back on a computer.There is a video of it working and it looks impressive for the price. Also when the sd card is full it will just record over what has already been recorded if its not needed so saves you having to clear the card on a computer ,it records the voices as well but Ill have to look into that for a court case. Downside ,if someone grabbed it and took it away thats your evidence gone. £89.99(inc VAT) but I bet there would be a deal for bulk buys.
http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/taxicam-wide-angle-day-night-vision-vehicle-dvr?gclid=CJ7_tYWK4aECFUcA4wodtUUIKg

here is another one with what looks like a seperate recorder but no video of it working
http://www.wholesalesecurity.net/html/taxi_cctv_system_0.html

The taxi alarm I have I will put on youtube with a link from here hopefully tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://southtynesidetaxis.forumotion.co.uk
briangoo

PostSubject: cctv   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:02 pm

the £89.99 looks good, also you could put a bigger memory card in for longer recording & as for the scum taking it no doubt you could take the mount off & cut a hole out of your head lining just big enough for the lens. i know it would be a hassle removing it to charge the battery although i'm sure you could charge it via you tab lighter socket & it wouldn't be in people's faces to get upset about. bulk buy sounds good also...
Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by briangoo on Thu May 20, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : alterations)
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:12 pm

well even just using the 2gig card it just over rides over and over again just when you get hassle stop it take it out and have another 2 or 4gig handy to put in ,the quality of the recordings look good mind if it is the original one and with it being rechargeable thats another bonus ,its the best cheap cctv Ive seen. Rather than pay over £200 I think I would rather have a cheap cctv like this one and a taxi alarm ,altogether that come to about £200.
Back to top Go down
briangoo

PostSubject: cctv   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:17 pm

if you order 10 it's £81.99. so how much for say 50 or more. with a bit of advertising it shouldn't be that hard with say 700 taxis & ph drivers ???
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:31 pm

need to look more into them as I bought a cctv before and it was crap but upto now it looks like a good buy, and with it having a swivel on it you could use it facing forward when there is no one in the car incase of a crash
Back to top Go down
MUS

MUS

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:53 am

looks good
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Would have come in handy on friday night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:40 pm

what happened Friday bud
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Those nice boys in blue hit my front end on the rank friday night.give em credit admitted liability straight away though
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:55 am

ooooooooooooooooh that was you bud ,I did here about it ,my god you ok though
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:37 am

Not to bad car been taken off road by the council,couple off headaches and a bit stiff pale
Back to top Go down
briangoo

PostSubject: plod   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:43 pm

make sure you claim every thing you can cos they would do it to you
bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Dont know what you mean Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:28 am

Did anyone out there see the accident i had with police on ocean road May22nd?
Apparently they are now disputing liability ?might just be a paper work issue but just in case a couple of witnesses could come in handy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:16 am

I wasnt there mate but surely it must be on camera its ocean road. You see the police cameras and the council cameras are 2 seperate things ,I think as a coper told me the council guys are useless
Back to top Go down
briangoo

PostSubject: accident   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 am

i didn't see the accident. but i seen just after it & is the plod trying to say that he parked across the rank & then you just thought of a good idea to drive into him. madness absolute madness
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:32 am

Spoke to soliciter apparently you must reply to any offical corrospondance WITH IN 15 DAYS OF THE DATE ON THE LETTER if when the 15 days were up and they didnt have all their paper work in order they still have to reply ,but because the paper work isnt up to date they cannot denie or confirm liability which is why they say thier disputing it so hopefully just a clerical delay .
on the plus side though being on the taxi rank when it happened surely the police should not be parking on it anyway unless is an emergancy or am i wrong in asuming that?
Back to top Go down
briangoo

PostSubject: plod   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 am

i would assume he was on a emergency when he hit you. but that's neither here nor there it's his fault full stop good luck anyway
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 pm

He was on a call to paprika for an unpaid bill,no flashing lights or indicators on when it happened
Back to top Go down
briangoo

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:09 am

well he's bang to rights then
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:36 am

Does any one know who controls CCTV cameras on ocean road etc,as police DEF disputing liability now .apparently there is one always focused on the rank hopefully this would show what happened Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 am

The police have some and the council also have some but I just dont know which ones.
Back to top Go down
MUS

MUS

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:42 am

Its the council, ie, BT. They are in Barrington Street, I think.
Back to top Go down
Mick27

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:56 am

Thanks for the info,ill pass it on and fingers crossed it will get sorted
Back to top Go down
briangoo

PostSubject: police   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:21 pm

go & see likes of winns or any other claims company as it was obviously his fault. ps tell me how he says it wasn't his fault. if you are standing still & parked how can it be your fault. what a load of horses tihs
affraid affraid affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp   cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp Empty

Back to top Go down

cctv cams for taxi's with date and time stamp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next